WARRANTY TERMS & CONDITIONS
Reliable Screen Supply (RELIABLE) warrants that its products will:
- be of acceptable quality;
- be reasonably fit for purpose; and
- match the description given by RELIABLE.
Reliable Retractable Screens come with the following warranties:
- 5 years warranty for all the fixed parts (Aluminium joinery and fixings); and
- 3 years warranty on the moving parts (Mesh, Shade and Cord) in effect from the date of delivery.
Reliable Security Windows and Doors comes with the following warranty:
- 10 years warranty for all the fixed parts (Aluminium joinery and fixings) and stainless-steel mesh in effect from the date of delivery.
The limited warranty is only appliable if the product:
- is found to be defective in material or workmanship during the warranty period specified above;
- have been installed by an authorised RELIABLE dealer/installer;
- have been used in accordance with instructions given by RELIABLE;
- have been cared for and maintained in accordance with instructions given by RELIABLE; and
- have been used for the purposes for which they were designed.
The limited warranty does not cover:
- damage caused by normal wear and tear;
- damage caused by negligence; (including accidental damage);
- abnormal use of the product (use of the product will be considered abnormal if it does not conform with or deviates from the product’s normal use);
- change of mind;
- damage caused from unauthorised modification or alteration of the product;
- improper assembly or failures resulting from inadequate inspection and maintenance of product;
- damage caused to the product by natural disaster (such as extreme weather); and
- theft or loss of the product.
RELIABLE is only liable under this limited warranty for the cost of repair or replacement of the defective product (or any portion of the defective product). All incidental or consequential damages which may arise including, but are not limited to, business losses, personal property damage and third-party liabilities are excluded under the limited warranty.
The limited warranty does not cover damage to materials (which form part of the product), which are covered by a warranty by another supplier.
To claim the limited warranty, the purchaser must retain the original invoice (to prove that the warranty claim is still within the applicable warranty period).
The limited warranty will not apply if the purchaser is not a consumer (i.e. the product has been purchased for the purpose of resupplying them in trade, consuming them in the course of a process of production or manufacture, or repairing or treating in trade other goods or fixtures on land).
PRODUCT CARE & MAINTENANCE
Your screen and security door are manufactured with a combination of many different materials. It will be susceptible to normal wear and tear from the environment. Dirt, grime, airborne pollutants and salt deposits can affect the performance and appearance of the product. Therefore, we have comprised a list of maintenance instructions below.
Please note failure to follow this maintenance instruction may void the warranty of your screen and security door.
The screens must be cleaned regularly. The frequency of cleaning depends on where the screens are installed:
- Mild area – Rural and domestic, minimum every 6 months
- Moderate area – Cities and light industrial, minimum every 3 months
- Severe area – Coastal and heavy industrial, minimum every month
Mesh Screens (for both Pleated and Roller)
These screens are designed for insect control and must not be used for the retention and security of animals or children.
The mesh can be cleaned using a soft brush or a soft brush vacuum on a low suction setting. Additional cleaning can also be done using s soft brush or cloth with warm soapy water.
The shaded fabric is splash-proof. It is specially designed and treated for Sunshade UV proof with 75% light block out. For cleaning, you must only use damped cloths and/or soft brush vacuuming on a low suction setting. You must only use clean fresh water.
It is important to retract the pleated insect screen when it is not in use to maintain its shape. If the screen becomes deformed, spray water on the mesh, then return the screen into the stack position and leave the mesh inside the joinery handle to dry. This will help reform the screen’s pleated shape.
Frames, Tracks and Security Screen
Screen frames and tracks can be cleaned by vacuuming or wiping them down with damped cloths to remove contaminated deposits on the track.
When there are greasy deposits or hard-to-remove grime, cleaning should be done with a soft cloth dipped in white spirit, turpentine or kerosene then wiped with a dry rag. Also, rinse off with plenty of clean fresh water right away.
Use furniture polish (eg, Mr Sheen or Pledge) to clean the track every two weeks to keep the screen doors sliding smoothly after vacuuming.
The locking device and hinges are complex mechanisms that require some basic maintenance from time to time to ensure continued trouble-free operation. All these mechanisms need to have their moving parts lubricated occasionally. An aerosol-based lubricant (eg, WD-40 or CRC5.56) with a nozzle is ideal (excludes add-on self-closing mechanism).
You must not use abrasive steel wools, scouring pads, liquids, powders, abrasive-based cleaners or acidic solutions on the products. Using these will cause permanent damage to the products, and such damage will not be covered under the limited warranty.
STEP 2. Complete the form by filling in your details.
STEP 3. Click the SUBMIT button to complete the registration.
STEP 4. You will receive an email confirmation for the registration submission.